Sunday, September 21, 2008

Company Dinner

Shortly after Nicole started her new job last month, her department was invited to eat together at a very nice Japanese restaurant. Needless to say I didn't have to think twice when she asked me to join her. Well, my expectations for the meal were exceeded to say the least. Our group of about 20 sat around two large circular tables. Each table had a huge Lazy Susan in the center from which the table's attendees shared each course. First was onion salad, then sashimi, then sushi rolls, then crab egg tofu, then some sort of decadent lettuce wraps, then... Well, I completely lost count of how many courses were brought out - let's say it was 12. We were treated with fresh watermelon juice to go along with the hot tea. I know that somewhere toward the end was a giant Hot Pot that was a meal in itself. The desert was green tea flavored milk pudding. Nicole's co-workers were all very nice and complemented me extensively on my Chinese.



Can you spot the father and son in matching outfits?

No comments: