Saturday, July 5, 2008

Goofy Foreigner Ruins Dance Party

Just kidding y'all. I MADE that party :D Well I don't know what was weirder, the group-excitement-bordering-on-man-love that seemed to never stop climaxing in front of the DJ booth (hard to explain), the foreign girl who got a break dancing circle going, or the fact that I found these pictures randomly online. The girl (I'm going to venture Australian but God knows) was very physical for lack of a better word. When she wasn't break dancing, she was bouncing around kind of mock fighting guys like that Brazilian dance-fight stuff or faux moshing. At some point she jumped on my back when I wasn't looking, expecting what to happen I haven't the slightest. The whole group excitement thing was all these guys wearing their hip hop gear to the nines constantly throwing their hands in the air and screaming... I haven't seen this at the other clubs, but I wonder if they were compensating for the low girl to guy ratio by trying to look the most "into" the music. (No, I didn't stumble into a gay bar)You may have noticed that something is up with my outfit, that it's wack even. In fact, this costume idea was an homage to Tae, as he is the only person I know who wears kerchiefs and I think it's badass. I made a pink and grey kerchief because the party had a "Nu Rave" theme - and I wanted that neon look. I've talked to Jake about Taiwanese fashion a little bit, since he is a metrosexual and all, and it's abundantly clear that Taiwanese guys all go for a bright, colorful look. It would look funny in the U.S., but that's just Taiwan. Maybe they're just ahead of the global fashion curve. I call it peacock-y, but I do admit some of their t-shirts are cool. The point of this diatribe is that my silly costume fit right in at the party, even if my nose didn't. (The Taiwanese slur for westerners translates to "long nosed foreigner")

1 comment:

Jared said...

I don't know, looks a lot like you stand out to me...